Mario Deluigi was born in Treviso in 1901. He studied at venetian Accademia delle Belle Arti and exhibited his work for the first time in 1928 at the Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa and participated as well for his fisrt time at the Venice Biennial in 1930. Mario Deluigi was Artiro Martini’s assistant from 1942 to 1944 at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Venice. Mario Deluigi founded together with Carlo Scarpa and Anton Giulio Ambrosini the Scuola Libera di Arti Plastiche. Subsequently, Mario Deluigi taught at University of Venice, from 1946 to 1971. In 195, Mario Deluigi Adhered to Arte Spaziale artistic movement: Mario Deluigi reasoned about the connection between space, light, color which became a pivotal point on his work. His remarkable and particular tecnique, called grattage, is based on the fact that light has to come out from the canvas; it’s not just elementary painted but instead created and pointed out thanks to scratches and cuts. The artist participated at several Biennials in Venice (1930, 1932, 1948, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1962, 1968 and during the two latest years he managed to exhibit in a personal room) and Quadriennials in Rome (1959, 1972). Mario Deluigi died in Venice in 1978. Venice Biennial in 1980 orginized a retrospective about his work fullfilled in the Church of S. Stae and in 1991 Gallleria d’Arte Moderna Ca’Pesaro in Venice has shown him in an anthological collection.